FULL SECTION for sale just south of Osage, SK! Welcome to the Hume Farm. This 642 acre property consists of wonderful grain farming land, a SASKATOON ORCHARD sizing app...
Listing courtesy of Eve Realty Inc..
The above information is from sources deemed reliable but should not be relied upon without independent verification. The information presented here is for general interest only, no guarantees apply. The Saskatoon Region Association of REALTORS® (SRAR) IDX Reciprocity listings are displayed in accordance with SRAR's MLS® Data Access Agreement and are copyright of the Saskatoon Region Association of REALTORS®. MLS® System data of the Saskatoon Region Association of REALTORS® displayed on this site is refreshed every 5 minutes.
The Rm of Fillmore
The Rural Municipality (RM) of Fillmore is located in the province of Saskatchewan, Canada. It was incorporated as an RM on December 13, 1909 and was previously known as Local Improvement District No. 6-E-2. The RM includes the villages of Creelman, Fillmore, and Osage, as well as the unincorporated communities of Huronville. The RM has a population of 224, spread out over an area of 815.57 square kilometers.
Agriculture, particularly farmland, is a major industry in the RM. The Osage Wildlife Refuge, located in the RM, is a conservation area that covers approximately 3 miles southeast of Osage along Highway 33. It is located at 49°56′0″N, 103°33′2″W.
The RM of Fillmore is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator, who meet on the second Wednesday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Russell Leguee, and the administrator is Vernna Wiggins. The RM's office is located in Fillmore.
The RM is served by several transportation options, including the Souris-Arcola-Regina section of the Canadian Pacific Railway, which runs through the RM and serves the communities of Stoughton, Heward, Creelman, Fillmore, Osage, Tyvan, Francis, and Sedley. The RM is also served by several highways, including Highway 33, which runs through Fillmore and the village of Osage, Highway 606, which serves Fillmore, Highway 711, which serves the village of Osage, and Highway 619, which also serves the village of Osage.
Town of Stoughton - Stoughton is a town located 60 km east of Weyburn and 60 km north of Estevan, at the intersection of Highways 13, 33, and 47. It has a population of 720. Prior to the arrival of the Canadian Pacific Railway in the area in 1904, a small settlement called New Hope had begun to develop a short distance from the present-day community of Stoughton. When the railway surveyed and named the current townsite, New Hope was abandoned as people moved to be closer to the rail line. Stoughton was incorporated in 1904, and the tracks running through the town connected northwest to Regina and east into Manitoba. The line from Regina is still the longest straight stretch of track in North America and the second longest in the world (the longest is in Australia).
During the 1930s, the town faced a significant downturn, but in the years following World War II, its growth was steady. The economy of the area is primarily based on agriculture (grains, oilseeds, and pulse crops), oil and gas production, and related oilfield support services. One of the most famous curling rinks in Canadian history, the Richardson rink, is from Stoughton. The Richardson rink was inducted into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame, and skip Ernie Richardson was honored with the Order of Canada in 1978.
Town of Francis - Francis is a town located approximately 60 km southeast of Regina on Highway 33 and 50 km north of Weyburn on Highway 35. It has a population of 172. The town was first settled around 1900 by Scots from Glengarry County, Ontario. Francis was incorporated as a village in 1904, the same year that the Canadian Pacific Railway began running trains between Arcola and Regina. In 1906, Francis achieved town status. The town reached its peak population of 263 in 1911, but its population has remained around its current level since the early 1920s.
Agriculture is the main industry in Francis, with a focus on grain and livestock production. The town has a small business community consisting mainly of farm suppliers and two grain elevators. Francis School is a K-6 facility, which had 66 students enrolled in the fall of 2004. Students in Grades 7-12 attend school in the neighboring village of Sedley. Francis has indoor rinks for skating and curling, and three churches.
If you have any questions on the Rm of Fillmore farm land for sale, or are looking for a specific piece of farm land for sale in the Rm of Fillmore. Please contact Adam at 306-531-8854 or email email@example.com