The Rural Municipality (RM) of Cana No. 214 is a rural area located in the southeast part of Saskatchewan, Canada. It is situated mainly to the east of the city of Melville and is home to approximately 904 residents. Many of these residents have lived in the area for their entire lives.
The RM of Cana was incorporated in 1909 and celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2009. It is known for its easy commute to both Melville and the city of Yorkton, making it a convenient location for residents, businesses, and visitors. The RM is home to a number of heritage properties, including the Home Quarter of the Wotherspoon Farm. This homestead, which was constructed in 1905, is located about 4.5 miles north of Melville on Highway 47. It is currently being restored as a historical site for visitors to learn about the area's history.
In terms of agriculture, the RM of Cana is known for its farm land, which is used for growing a variety of crops including wheat, canola, and oats. The region's agriculture industry plays a significant role in the local economy. The government of the RM of Cana No. 214 is led by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator. The reeve (head of council) is Robert Almasi, and the administrator is Kali Tourney. Council meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month at the RM's office in Melville. In terms of transportation, the RM is served by the Melville Municipal Airport, which is located within its borders.
If you have any questions on the Rm of Cana farm land for sale, or are looking for a specific piece of farm land for sale in the Rm of Cana. Please contact Adam at 306-531-8854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org